Pages

Sunday 12 October 2014

Dry the River

Hey You,

On Friday myself, my hubby and a friend went to see 'Dry the River' at the Institute, Birmingham.

One of my favourite things to do is go to a good gig, I've been to many. I started gigging quite young thanks to having a punk mum and rocker dad!

Me and my hubby have seen 'Dry the River' once before when they were supporting 'Bombay Bicycle Club' about 3 years ago.
We really liked their set and started to listen to their album 'Shallow Bed'. They have recently released their second album 'Alarms in the Heart' and are currently touring. I recommend seeing them if they are playing near you, they are awesome live.

 

 

I'd never been to the Institute Birmingham before, it's a small venue. There is nothing better than seeing your favourite band in a close, personal venue and when a band hits mainstream they generally stop doing the smaller gigs so the memories of being in a close atmosphere become quite precious!
The place was heaving, people were standing on the stairs there was so little space.
We arrived just in time to grab a drink before 'Dry the River' came on stage. (We missed the support band for having dinner at Pizza Hut)
They started their set with a few songs from their first album including my fave. Lion's Den. They played a mix of old and new and they sounded brilliant. The lead singer and guitarist, Peter, chatted to the audience, he looked rather cool in a white suit (reminded me of Robin Zander of Cheap Trick). The rest of the band are Matthew on the guitar, Scott on bass and Jon on drums.



It was a great gig. The best part being it such a personal gig, the worst being 'shushed' by some grumpy lady behind us!

Of course I have to share my outfit that I wore!

Dress & coat; Collectif
Bag; Banned
Shoes; Vintage

And a couple more pics of me doing Kiri's hair and me and the hubby at Pizza Hut
Thanks for reading!
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment